Saturday, October 1, 2011

Water Glasses & Big Asses

Tonight, my husband is going to his 35 year high school reunion. Holy Smokes are we old!

Reunions are so not us, but we have a friend who relishes them and comes from the other end of the country for every major roll-over of the class odometer. My husband puts on his one suit, which he has had for 20 years, and off they go.

Can we have a moment of respectful awe here? I have a suit from twenty years ago and I could maybe get into the skirt ~ if I wanted to wear it as a turban.

I am not going & am spared the ordeal of standing around with the other spouses. Instead, today I am doing a Major Clean on the house. Our friend is spending the night tonight & all the animals are shedding. I cannot send the man home with furred socks. Friend said "please don't go to any trouble" so I am whooping it up. I just watched a video on How to Make a Cruise Ship Animal, am buying a Godiva chocolate to put on his pillow, and I finally get to use this:

I found this at an antique store and have been storing it for years ~ just for this occasion:) It's a small water container with a glass upended over the mouth to put bedside ~ cool, eh? Recently, I have seen the much more practical disposable fancy bottled water w/glass but I've just gotta use this at least once, damn it! Then I'll put it away for my son puzzle over what the heck it is when he's cleaning out all my junk in years to come.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh on the skirt turban. I love when a story takes a turn I was not expecting.

    I think I am going to do towel animal and godiva next time we have friends over. That is too funny.

    And finally I adore that glass and pitcher. I have been searching for one for a long time and then finally I just made one up. At first I thought the little pattern was those nude female silhouettes that you see on truck mudflaps. I was intrigued so I had to know then and there so I clicked on the pic and lost my damn comment. and I had already typed like 10 words! Yep. That is how lazy I am.

    I was disappointed that it looked more like figs and leaves or something. Your son would have been surprised indeed and girly glass sets.

    You could have packed it away next to a giant dish into which your guests poppped their car keys for the mixer later that evening. - - But I think that is a wee bit ahead of your time. Just. LOL

    Poor husband. I refuse to reunite with any group I celebrated leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miz. Munch, about the nudie pattern: I immediately thought of the movie "Bird Cage", where the prospective in-laws were studying their soup plates...
    I'm done with it now ~ it made its cameo appearance and was duly noted by Guest. Give me your address & I'll mail it to ya. Seriously! And, alas! the pattern is a gold acanthus leaves-type design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't use it in a year we will talk. Sweeet.

    What animal did you go with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus I will want to think of something interesting to send back and I am slow.

    ReplyDelete